Nous avons remarqué que vous utilisez un navigateur non reconnu. Il se peut que les pages de TripAdvisor ne s'affichent pas correctement.
Notre site est optimisé pour les navigateurs suivants:

Great House with Panoramic views, house or B&B

Guanajuato
Logement à louer –
4 Chambres, 2 salles de bains, 6 couchages

Avis des voyageurs TripAdvisor

Contribuez à la communauté de voyageurs TripAdvisor et aidez les autres voyageurs à trouver la location de vacances parfaite
Écrire un avis

9 avis 9 avis
7 avis sur les hôtels
Avis dans 7 villes Avis dans 7 villes
3 votes utiles 3 votes utiles
“Great Price but too far from Centro”
3 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 23 mars 2014 Séjour en mars 2014
Google Traduction

We wanted to love this charming place as we plan on returning to GTO often and its very affordable price makes it very appealing but it's quite a long walk into town. We began to call it a Death March. We knew it was a bit away from the Centro from the reviews--which we swear by-- but it was much longer and not nearly as interesting as described. Except for the infamous Mummy Museum, there is nothing in the area.
Anyway, as mentioned, taxis are cheap [was 45mxp every time] and you can tell them you live near the "Momias" so they know how to find the place which is on an obscure street up a steep hill, however on busy weekends, they are hard to get or you sit in traffic for a long time to get home. We needed 2 of them with our group which was problematic so we often split up and half of us walked. The walk back is at least 30-40 minutes and it is uphill! And we are good walkers! After a long day of touring GTO that is just too long!
The house is cute with lots of space and the master bedroom is comfortable with a tiny TV screen and a lovely small balcony and a walk in closet, but no en-suite bathroom.....there is one down the hall. The kitchen is very Mexican and has loads of pots/pans. There are a few spices for cooking, but not much so stock up if you plan on cooking a lot. [The mercado has loads of stuff. ] The coffee maker is a funky metal Italian press which had my father-in-law stumped for hours. He finally got it t work, but it only makes a little at a time.
The Casa is the only house in the neighborhood that has been redone for 'expat renters' and stands out quite a bit. A big drawback is there are no cute places to grab a coffee, drink or meal nearby and only tiny kiosk type shops down the street, so you have to get to the Centro for just about everything. There is a bakery but at least 15 minutes down the hill. Driving/parking is problematic so we did everything on foot.
When we arrived we met the caretaker who was very nice but not particularly helpful. He was new to the property and told us there were 3 or 4 bathrooms. That statement kept my boys looking around for quite some time. [The fact is there are only 2. ] There are no maps or info in the place and he even asked us to get some maps for the Casa. He also said we should not walk home after dark, which surprised us a lot! Especially since past reviews said it was a safe neighborhood! We walk after dark all the time in Mexico City! Make sure you ask him how to work the hot water heaters so you don't have a cold shower like we did the first day.
The views are nice from the BIG terrace on 3rd floor but there is no patio furniture; just a rickety table and an old bench and a couple of plastic chairs. Too bad as the views and sunsets are lovely and we tried to have our happy hour up there. Just don't look out the lower windows b/c there are old trucks and trash surrounding the place from neighbors and yes, barking dogs. Cute dogs, but barkers living right next store outside all night. There were no holiday fireworks going off as stated in a previous comment from the owner-just nightly barking. We brought a 'sound machine' and used it!
While the house is decorated with the Artist's lovely work on every wall, we found it not so comfortable. The living room has handmade Mexican wood furniture which is stiff [see the pictures posted in the listing and you'll see what i mean] and the lamps dim and dark. [or not working] We were not able to read or even sit in living room for long so we all sat at the dining room table every night. I would suggest some overhead brighter lights, maybe a real sofa with cushions, a cd player or some sort of musical apparatus [ipod dock] and maybe a few board games, or cards. This is typical in most houses we have rented all over the world. We loved GTO and will return however we will stay much closer to the center. There is so much going on in the evenings, especially, that next time we can pop back to our place and freshen up for dinner and drop off the many local purchases without hiking 30+minutes to this place. We don't mean to sound like complainers but I wish there were some of these honest details in the last reviews, especially since we brought our in-laws and this was there only visit to GTO.

Compagnons de voyage : Famille élargie
Recommanderiez-vous cet hôtel à un ami ?    No.
Cet avis vous a-t-il été utile ? Oui
Cet avis est l'opinion subjective d'un membre de TripAdvisor et non de TripAdvisor LLC.
23 mars 2014
The walk is 15-20 mn. down for a normal person like me in my 50's. The museums and interesting things to see are exactly as described on the way to the main garden. The Mummy Museum, although not for everyone, is one of the biggest attractions in Mexico, and brings buses of people.

Guanajuato is built on a bowl, and unless you stay in one of the hotels on the main drag, or on the university street, where you will pay per room, you will have to hike up to your accommodation, no matter what. Since the roads are in tunnels, beneath the city, most places are on callejons, where you have to climbs many dozens and perhaps more than a hundred steep stairs. It is just the nature of the city. As you say, taxis are cheap, and as I mentioned on my listing, buses are abundant and super inexpensive, if you don't want to take taxis. It says on the listing that the walk back is uphill. If you take the bus, then the walk up is about 5-7 mn.

The listing never mentions there is an ensuite bathroom. It is very clearly stated there are 2 bathrooms.

The coffee-maker is a stovetop Italian expresso, and it's in good order. There is nothing wrong with it. It makes excellent coffee. Coffee gourmet prefer that over the regular drip electric coffee-maker. Yes, it only makes one or two coffee at a time.

The house hasn't been redone for "expat renters" and I really don't see how it stands out from the outside. This is a Mexican neighborhood, as I mention on the site, but it's a middle-class Mexican neighborhood, and houses there are all 6 years-old and well kept.

Guanajuato lacks cute places to get a coffee, that's true. I only know a few and they're right in the Centro. Driving/parking in Guanajuato is problematic everywhere unfortunately. It is a city for walkers.

My caretaker, although he was getting re-acquainted with the house at the time, is not new to the property. He had taken care of the house before, moved away, and moved back to Gto. I'm sorry if there wasn't any map in the house. I usually try to have one, or I'll draw a sketch on a piece of paper to help guests find their way around the very few streets of Guanajuato (the main drag crosses the town, and then there is a parallel street on the left street that leads to the University, and then, there is a cut off from the main street (Avenidad Juarez) that leads to the Teatro Juarez, and then there are all the callejons or stairways up the houses). The truth is that even the tourist kiosks on the street usually don't have any maps. I don't know why my caretaker would have told you there are more than 2 bathrooms, and I don't know why one would expect more, when it's clearly stated on the listing. And as for not being very helpful, he was there for you as soon as you called him. When I got your email, and communicated back with you, the problem of hot water had been solved. It is common among local Mexican to not walk home after dark, even those who live in the Centro. It makes it a bit comical because sometimes they make a 20 minute loop by taxi to go home, when they were only 5 mn. away in the first place. I have walked home many times for the last stretch after catching the last bus at 9:30 - 10pm. There are always other locals walking up at the same time, and it's never been a problem. It would be more risky on a callejon, as those are even darker than my street at night. It is a very safe neighborhood, cause there are no riff raff going there, being a cul-de-sac, and everyone know everybody on the street. But when you're obviously not familiar with your surroundings, it's always safer to catch a taxi to your accommodation anywhere in Mexico or around the world. I think he just wanted to take extra precautions.

The hot water heaters are usually on, and I'm sorry you had cold showers the first night. Stephen, our caretaker, usually responds to his phone well, and I'm sure he would have done everything to help on the spot. I thought I left a book on the main floor hallway with directions for anything, including washer and the hot water heater. They're just standard hot water on demand with a pilot that must be lit, and a dial on to turn the heat on like everywhere else in Mexico. I'm glad you got it resolved the next day anyway - cold showers, even in this hot weather, are not pleasant.

There is a special mention about the dogs on the listing, as you say - there shouldn't be any surprise there. When I'm there, they're quiet, but they can be loud for guests. Good job on the sound machine! Fireworks are on special occasions, like Christmas and New Years' eve. The lot on the side of the house, away from the balcony and terrasse, is used by neighbours to park their vehicles.

The furniture is Michoacan furniture. I wanted the place to retain it's Mexican heritage, and not be like another American or Canadian place. There are good size cushions on all of them to make up for the stiffness. The furniture in the Master Bedroom is comfortable (loveseat and seats and table). There are lots of light bulbs in the kitchen island if you find some of the lamps are "not working". Nevertheless I'll let our caretaker know.

Sorry about lack of board games and cards. Not being into that myself, I forget. Beside, we have some in another vacation rental and they get all mixed up, pieces missing. A real mess! Hard to control how well guests' kids take care of them when you're not around. It works if it's a B&B and the owner is there, but for a house rental, not so much. There are books though. Usually people bring their own ipod dock, being this is the season for the whole house rental, and not a B&B. When it's a B&B and I can verify that it's still there between guests, then it's available.

All the reviews on this site were made by actual guests, without any incentives or coercion whatsoever. Therefore, they're all honest. The fact is, people have different views, different expectations for the price, and different opinions.
Cette réponse est l'opinion subjective du représentant de la direction et non de TripAdvisor LLC
kirsten
ny
5 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 5 mars 2013 Séjour en février 2013
Voyageurs en quête de luxe Voyageurs endurcis
Cet avis vous a-t-il été utile ? Oui
Cet avis est l'opinion subjective d'un voyageur et non de TripAdvisor LLC ou de ses partenaires.
Jennifer
BC
5 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 24 février 2013 Séjour en janvier 2013
Voyageurs endurcis
24 févr. 2013
Thank you so much Jennifer. It was a real pleasure having you around, and I hope you come back soon. Your good energy is truly uplifting!
Cette réponse est l'opinion du représentant de la direction et non celle de TripAdvisor LLC ou de l'un de ses partenaires.
mexico df
5 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 5 janvier 2013 Séjour en décembre 2012
5 5 étoiles Rapport qualité / prix 4 5 étoiles Chambres
4 5 étoiles Emplacement 5 5 étoiles Propreté
4 5 étoiles Réception 5 5 étoiles Service
05 janv. 2013
It was lovely to have your wonderful family here, Daphne! Hope you come back soon. And barking dogs tend to calm down a lot once the Christmas and New Year`s firecrackers are gone.
Cris C
NC
5 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 4 janvier 2013 Séjour en décembre 2012
04 janv. 2013
Dear Cristina, you and David were 5-star guests, and I definitely hope you come back soon. It was a real pleasure to have you over. Your enthusiasm for everything from my services to the magical city of Guanajuato made everything feel like a breeze to me!
Vancouver
USD 100
Nuit
Semaine
Mois
Le propriétaire peut appliquer des frais supplémentaires
Comment réserver ce logement
Envoyez une demande de renseignements au propriétaire en cliquant sur le bouton ci-dessous
Le propriétaire vous enverra un devis. Nous conseillons aux propriétaires de répondre sous 24 heures
Vous pourrez envoyer d'autres messages et régler le devis à partir de la boîte de réception des locations de TripAdvisor
Les paiements effectués par le biais de la boîte de réception des locations sur TripAdvisor sont couverts par la
protection Tranquilité d'esprit
logement avec protection des paiements
Gérant
Martine B
Parle Anglais, Espagnol, Français
Inscrite en : avr. 2012
Taux de réponse: 85 %
Calendrier mis à jour: il y a 6 jours
Certificat de Sécurité
Vous êtes automatiquement couvert pour toute location de vacances réservée sur TripAdvisor !
En savoir plus
Possédez-vous une location de vacances ? Inscrivez-la ici.
Les annonces sont gratuites !
Ajoutez votre location de vacances sur TripAdvisor et Holiday Lettings sans frais. Vous payez seulement 3 % de commission sur chaque réservation confirmée et payée.
Protégez votre vie privée
TripAdvisor communique vos coordonnées à vos locataires uniquement après que le premier paiement a été effectué.
Augmentez votre visibilité
Faites la promotion de votre logement auprès des voyageurs du monde entier qui recherchent activement une location dans votre secteur chaque mois.
Configurez votre annonce gratuite