Nous avons remarqué que vous utilisez un navigateur non reconnu. Il se peut que les pages de TripAdvisor ne s'affichent pas correctement.
Notre site est optimisé pour les navigateurs suivants:

Mountain View Coco Villa

Île de Mahé
Logement à louer –
1 Chambre, 1 salle de bains, 3 couchages

Avis des voyageurs TripAdvisor

Contribuez à la communauté de voyageurs TripAdvisor et aidez les autres voyageurs à trouver la location de vacances parfaite
Écrivez un avis

Auteur de niveau
54 avis
39 avis sur les hôtels
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 75 votes utiles
“Misrepresentation or Simple Exaggeration? You be the judge”
1 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 25 novembre 2013 Séjour en septembre 2013
Google Traduction
personnes ont trouvé cet avis utile

When we landed on Sunday Sept 28, 2013 my cousin and I were both in high spirits. I had just closed a good deal and here I was, set to spend a week in dreamy Seychelles. Plus, I had booked a "villa". The owner of the place we were renting had arranged for us to rent a car, which was delivered to us at the airport. So, getting started seemed really smooth. But when we arrived at the place (the actual "VILLA"), I almost choked.

I know a lot of former travelers used the term "luxurious" to describe the property. Unfortunately, I didn't see any pictures from these travelers who supposedly stayed there. Me, I have pictures to back me up. I didn't photo-shop them. My pics are the real deal, and I have a lot more than what I plan to upload. It's just that Tripadvisor seem to freeze when I try to upload more than 6 pics…. we’ll see…). Anyway, during the booking process, I had back-and-forth exchanges with the owner, and I was assured that I wasn’t getting a condo, but a villa. Since it’s not a word we use much in the US, I had to look up its definition, and it is defined as a luxury, private residence that is made available to vacation travelers. Other owners placing ads on TripAdvisor refer to their property as “chalet”, condo, apartment, guest house, and I think any of these terms could have applied to the place called “coco villa”. So, when I was assured that I was getting a villa, with free wifiy, that cinched the deal for me.

The Moutain View complex is made of 3 small individual houses aligned next to each other, and a stand-alone fourth one unfinished, still in construction, but being built on the same model as the 3 ones already available for rental. Our own so-called “villa" was a small house with a small bedroom (approx. 8X10 ft), a 4X3 bathroom (which may be OK compared to European standards, e.g. French hotels), and an adjacent living/dining area with a decent size (it looks big because there's no dining table inside, -there’s a small coffee table in front of the love seat). Actually, the ad on Tripadvisor that shows the bedroom does show that there is NOT a lot of space between the walls on each side of the bed and the bed itself: but one usually doesn’t pay attention to dimensions when looking at pictures. So, it isn't really the owner's fault if I failed to notice the distance between the walls and the bed. Anyway, I didn't mind much the size of the bedroom, nor the bathroom: we weren't planning to spend a lot of time there. Plus, we were already there (the place was conveniently less than 15 minutes from the airport), and we figured that we would only use it to sleep and sometimes spent a quiet night after dinner. So, we thought we could manage our disappointment in the difference between the pictures and the actual reality, and decided that as a place to retire our tired bodies, it would do. But what I didn't anticipate was this:

A) Additional unwanted "guests" in the form of cockroaches flying in the garden, in the kitchen and even in our bedroom. I had killed one the same day we arrived, but then that was outside, right by the table where technically we are supposed to eat (there's no table to eat inside). But after we killed a cockroach, we both decided we wouldn't take a chance to eat in the "garden", especially at night, when the cockroaches seem more brazen. By the way, these were no ordinary cockroaches (American cockraches are no bigger than a fingernail: the ones in Seychelles are the size of my big toe). The next day, Monday Sept 29, mid-day another huge one in the living room/kitchen combo. My cousin killed it. Same day in the evening, another in our bedroom. Then we knew we couldn't endure that for another 6 days.

B) Strong Chicken Manure Smell: on our 1st morning (on Monday Sept 30), when we woke up, we ventured outside to sit at the table with our cups of coffee; well, the coffee aroma was overtaken by a stronger, pungent smell. Turns out it was chicken manure (which is usually used for gardening). My cousin didn't know what the smell was. But in my Venture Capitalist days (before the dot.coms, before Facebook and other high-tech stocks) my firm once considered investing in a company that was doing organic fertilizers from chicken poo. So, I'd visited the outfit's labs, and that's why I recognized the smell. But in the labs, they mix it with things to make the smell a little less “raw”. What we were inhaling in the “villa” was quite strong, not the lab-diluted kind.

C) No Internet (in spite of assurances to the contrary, which assurances were given to me by the owner during the booking process). Indeed, at the time, I had seen another Tripadvisor reviewer comment that there was no internet, and I was also considering another place, and emitted some doubt which the owner assuaged by reassuring me that I would get free internet and that I wold also get a villa, unlike the other places on TripAdvisor, which were simple cottages. When we decided (after the 1st day) to leave ”the villa”, and begun looking for another place, I actually got to visit some of the places labeled “cottages”, and honestly, I don’t find any difference between them and the place that we had rented, but were now leaving, with no expectation of getting even part of our money back.

D) Construction Noise that wakes you up early in the morning. Right across the street from the villas, there's a 3-story house being built (that one looks like a real villa). But from our so-called "villa", on the first morning (which was Monday Sept 30), we could hear the construction tools (hammer, grinder, or whatever). This construction has nothing to do with the owner. Nonetheless, the noise is disturbing. Also, within the compound of the Mountain View Coco Villas, there is one that is still in construction as well, although we didn’t see any construction work being done while we were there. But it is not finished, and the construction materials are sitting there, right behind it. See the pics I took. So, when that construction resumes, you’ll have to contend with the villa across the street, plus the one in the compound. Check out the pics. Hopefully, Tripadvisor will allow me to upload all the pics.

So, facing all this, on the Monday afternoon, we decided that it was either hightail out of Seychelles immediately altogether, or find another place to spend the week. With a bit of luck on Tuesday, we found another place. So, we paid it for the rest of the week, and went there, even though we knew we wouldn't get our money back from the Mountain View "villa" owner. The nightmarish experience we were having - with the options of either eating outside where huge cockroaches flying free could partake in our dinner, or eating inside with our food plates on our laps, (but still with the threat of cockroaches); some chicken manure smell strong enough to make you run for cover, no internet access, construction noise, was all too much to bear. For us, paying for another place was not a problem, in the consideration of what we would have had to contend with for until the next Sunday. We knew that otherwise, we would have regretted setting foot in Seychelles.
We decided to keep some our luggage in the place: no point vacating totally and allowing the owner to rent a place that we'd paid for from Sept 28 to Oct 6. We told her we were going to sleep somewhere else, but would keep the place until the day we had it rented to us, and we went to a really nice villa. At least, we had seen this one live, (not from pictures that were misleading), and made our choice.
Things that would have furthered annoyed us if we'd remained in the place:
1) Repairs that were promised, but not done: From the 1st day, one of the doors leading outside would not lock when we were going out. The lady said she would have it fixed and she took the key. Though we left some of our things in the "villa", when we left to go to the other place we had rented ou, we came back every other day, and 5 nights later, door was still not fixed. Meanwhile, the lady (Shirley) had a key to come in whenever she pleases, and especially to come and get the lock fixed (which she had promised us to do). May I remind again that it was a door leading outside the "villa" (i.e. people could use it to access the place) and we still had our belongings sitting in the lounge (just by said door)?

2) No cleaning: the small garbage bin in the kitchen had filled by Tuesday before we left (i.e. 2 days after our arrival). If we'd stayed there, we'd have had to endure it till Friday, as cleanup is technically done every 5 days. Anyway, every time we came by, the garbage was there, and after a few days, you knew it was there the minute you opened the front door. It was still there on Saturday night, and when we got our stuff to go to the airport on Sunday (a week from the day we’d come in), it was still there. It wasn’t the chicken manure, (but it wasn’t more pleasant). Good thing we had not been there.

Anyway, after we left the place, while I was enjoying Seychelles from a real villa on the other side of the island, the owner of Mountain View Villa reached out to me to apologize for the internet not working and explaining that although the wifi was free, it was not currently working because of the service provider. Meanwhile, during the booking, I was told about the part of the wifi being free, but the part about it not working was omitted. Also, the one thing I wasn’t told was that even if the wifi had been working, it would NOT have been available to the people renting the villas (inside their villas, or even sitting in the garden) but one would have had to go into the owner’s patio (albeit a short distance from the villas) and sit on her terrace to have access. But this is not told to you when they advertise. So, assuming it is working now, when it rains (and it does rain a lot at night in Seychelles), not sure how you will manage with your iPad or laptop. So, beware!

Also, on TripAdvisor, there are 3 Mountain View villas ad (there’s “Coco villa”, there’s “Coco de mer”, and there’s “Coco Villa Close to the City”). All 3 are the 3 cottages in the same compound. For each of these ads, you have some pictures labeled “Surrounding”. Be aware that everything that is labeled “surrounding” are pictures of the owner’s house. In one of them, there’s a picture showing what looks like a swimming pool on the Tripadvisor website; another picture shows a round wood table with chairs in a patio amid white columns; these pictures are NOT at all part of where you (renters) will be staying (also the pool is a kiddie splash pool). Check out my pics. When it rains, puddles of water accumulate in front of the cottages, and the water doesn’t drain out; and unfortunately, it does rain a lot in Seychelles, and without any warning; so there's your "pool". The comound is located in the part of the island that is more industrial. On the 1st day of our arrival, we drove around and saw that there were a few factories around, and thought this was like that for the whole island, until we went out to look for a new place the next day, and we drove to Anse Royale and saw that this side was more residential, with lots of nice cottages and places that overlook the sea, not the greenish body of water that looks rather slimy to look at as a view in the Coco "villas".

I'd be happy if someone want to try the place and tell me if the chicken poo smell is gone, if the cockroaches are gone, the water puddle, the construction noise. Then I'll just put it to us having had bad luck. If the owns since then have done something about those issues, then all the better.

3 5 étoiles La réservation a-t-elle été facile ? 4 5 étoiles La remise des clés/l'accès à la location ont-ils été faciles ?
2 5 étoiles État général de la location 3 5 étoiles Literie
3 5 étoiles Cuisine et ustensiles 1 5 étoiles Autres équipements
1 5 étoiles Service
Le plus apprécié: Close to airport
Le moins apprécié: Cockroaches, chicken manure smell in the garden, no internet
Compagnons de voyage : Autre
Recommanderiez-vous cet hôtel à un ami ?    No.
  • Votre caution vous a-t-elle été restituée dans les délais prévus ?
Cet avis vous a-t-il été utile ? Oui
Cet avis est l'opinion subjective d'un membre de TripAdvisor et non de TripAdvisor LLC.
22 déc. 2013
Dear guest,
I am so sorry this is your feeling about the 1 bedroom villa you rented. As for the size of the villa it is clearly stated on the site and for the chicken poo smell I have no idea where you got it from as there are no farms around. All pictures are actual pictures of the villa so i am so sorry if you were confused. Now for the cockroaches, as Seychelles is a tropical country you can sometimes see them at night though we try hard to keep insects at bay. Please note that for Euro 60 per night which we gave you as a special it would be difficult for you to get the equivalent of a 5 star villa especially in Seychelles. Our villa is a 3 star one and we try our best to keep it lovely and clean and comfortably for our guest and I am so sorry that it wasn't enough for you. Like you were aware it was on your second day that the Internet company was having problem with their lines in which I offered you a dongle where you can top it up and use instead of the free wireless you were getting which was fixed the same night. Please note coco villa is a self catering villa and is cleaned every 5th day, all you had to do is put your bin outside in the bigger bin and we would have removed. Now for the door: as you well know the sliding door was working very well and was locked by you, it was the iron gate that you broke the key in that was broken and we were trying to fix so please do not say that your things could have been stolen. It would be good if next time you can talk to us about whatever problem you were facing and we would have helped to sort out through them rather than be unhappy for your holiday. Once again I am so sorry that you were made unhappy in our villa.
Cette réponse est l'opinion subjective du représentant de la direction et non de TripAdvisor LLC
LucasCons...
Londres, Royaume-Uni
1 avis
“Very friendly owners we had really good time,Many Thanks”
4 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 5 septembre 2013 Séjour en août 2013
Google Traduction

We got married in Seycheles on the beach and had amazing experience.
We really enjoyed our stay and will come back definitely.Villa is nice and clean owners are very friendly and good people.Good value for money.
Only thing which we was missing few evenings is a swiming pool, but is plenty beaches around and we spend most of the time on them.Car is a must to move around.I hope you will enjoy your stay as we did.
Many Thanks
Lucas & Agnieszka

4 5 étoiles La réservation a-t-elle été facile ? 4 5 étoiles L'itinéraire donné était-il correct ?
4 5 étoiles La remise des clés/l'accès à la location ont-ils été faciles ? 4 5 étoiles État général de la location
4 5 étoiles Literie 4 5 étoiles Cuisine et ustensiles
4 5 étoiles Propreté de la salle de bains 4 5 étoiles Autres équipements
4 5 étoiles Service
Le plus apprécié: Location
Le moins apprécié: Lack of swimming pool
Compagnons de voyage : époux(se)/partenaire
Votre tranche d'âge 25-34
Recommanderiez-vous cet hôtel à un ami ?    Oui.
Recommandé pour:
Groupe d'amis
  • La location était-elle conforme à l'annonce ?
  • Recommanderiez-vous cette location ?
  • Le rapport qualité-prix était-il bon ?
  • La location était-elle équipée d'un accès Internet ?
21 nov. 2013
Dearest guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a great pleasure having you and we hope to see you soon.
susantole...
Pékin, Chine
1 avis
“Luxurious Villa, good location and the best of host”
5 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 31 mars 2013 Séjour en mars 2013
Google Traduction

Arriving in Seychelles and being welcome by the host was the best start to our holiday. The villa is a luxurious one with a beautiful garden and it is close to everything. It is advisable to rent a car so you can go around easily. Though they don't sell the villa with breakfast they give tea, coffee, bread, butter, jam and fruits so it is already a great free breakfast! I will naturally come back to this villa whenever I come back to this beautiful country.
The hosts are very helpful and will go to the mile for you!

5 5 étoiles La réservation a-t-elle été facile ? 5 5 étoiles L'itinéraire donné était-il correct ?
5 5 étoiles La remise des clés/l'accès à la location ont-ils été faciles ? 5 5 étoiles État général de la location
5 5 étoiles Literie 5 5 étoiles Cuisine et ustensiles
5 5 étoiles Propreté de la salle de bains 5 5 étoiles Autres équipements
5 5 étoiles Service
Le plus apprécié: Luxury villa, my own private garden, fantastic host and the distance to everything.
Le moins apprécié: nothing, everything was perfect
Compagnons de voyage : époux(se)/partenaire
Votre tranche d'âge 25-34
Recommanderiez-vous cet hôtel à un ami ?    Oui.
Recommandé pour:
Groupe d'amis Personnes handicapées
Voyageurs seniors Familles avec jeunes enfants
Pour les groupes
  • La location était-elle conforme à l'annonce ?
  • Recommanderiez-vous cette location ?
  • Le rapport qualité-prix était-il bon ?
  • La location était-elle équipée d'un accès Internet ?
  • Votre caution vous a-t-elle été restituée dans les délais prévus ?
21 nov. 2013
Dearest guest,
Thank you so much for your nice review. It was a great pleasure to have you with us. Hope to see you soon.
Arrivée
Départ
Occupants
à partir de
USD 97
Nuit
Semaine
Demander la réservation
Sinon, envoyez un message au propriétaire
Envoyer un message
logement avec protection des paiements
Gérant
SHIRLEY O
Parle Anglais, Français
Inscription : avr. 2013
Taux de réponse: 85 %
Délai de réponse: en 24 heures
Calendrier mis à jour: il y a 205 jours
Certificat de Sécurité
Vous êtes automatiquement couvert pour toute location de vacances réservée sur TripAdvisor !
En savoir plus
Possédez-vous une location de vacances ? Inscrivez-la ici.
Les annonces sont gratuites !
Ajoutez votre location de vacances sur TripAdvisor et Holiday Lettings sans frais. Vous payez seulement 3 % de commission sur chaque réservation confirmée et payée.
Protégez votre vie privée
TripAdvisor communique vos coordonnées à vos locataires uniquement après que le premier paiement a été effectué.
Augmentez votre visibilité
Faites la promotion de votre logement auprès des voyageurs du monde entier qui recherchent activement une location dans votre secteur chaque mois.
Configurez votre annonce gratuite