Nous avons remarqué que vous utilisez un navigateur non reconnu. Il se peut que les pages de TripAdvisor ne s'affichent pas correctement.
Notre site est optimisé pour les navigateurs suivants:

Whispering Sands - Book Direct

Kusadasi
Appartement de copropriété/Appartement –
2 Chambres, 2 salles de bains, 6 couchages

Avis des voyageurs TripAdvisor

Contribuez à la communauté de voyageurs TripAdvisor et aidez les autres voyageurs à trouver la location de vacances parfaite
Écrire un avis

3 avis 3 avis
3 avis sur les hôtels
Avis dans 2 villes Avis dans 2 villes
5 votes utiles 5 votes utiles
“Friendly staff that tries hard but gets the basics wrong.”
3 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 24 août 2013 Séjour en août 2013
Google Traduction

Whispering Sands fashions itself an affordable "resort" option with many of the benefits of an all-inclusive but a bit greater flexibility. We thought we would give it a try. Our stay overall was average. The staff is friendly and tries hard to please. Unfortunately, they get too many of the basics wrong. Let me explain.

I have a family of five, including three small children ages 5, 7, 9. We specifically booked an apartment at Whispering Sands that included separate beds for all three kids when we saw the facility advertise the availability of rooms with bunk beds that sleep four. Our paperwork upon booking and paying our downpayment showed our specific room number that met this request. But upon check-in we were given a different room with a master double bed and one other bedroom with two twins. We immediately brought it to the attention of reception and they worked to correct the problem. They eventually were able to get another party that recently checked in to change rooms as they were given a room that met our needs. Good right? But when making the switch the staff did not remove the used towels left from the other party and gave us only three new ones. These are just the little details that a "resort" is supposed to get right. If someone books a room that sleeps five you should give them a room that sleeps five.

These were not the only issues. More often than not our food order at the restaurant was wrong. We had items on our bill that we did not order or were given the incorrect food. The property guide has too many inaccuracies to count. And if you need anything before 9:00am good luck because reception is not open until then.

But the best was left for last. We booked one night at the property separate from the others. This was in order to have a place to sleep after returning our rental car to Kusadesi (we had left by car to visit some other areas). Before leaving for our car trip we booked an airport transfer for 4:15am, the morning after our return to the property so that we could make a 6:30 flight back to Istanbul from Izmir. Despite booking the airport transfer with the owner of Whispering Sands and reconfirming the night we arrived back at the facility, there was no van there in the morning to pick us up. And of course with reception closed, there was nobody to offer any assistance. I had to call the owner on his UK cell phone, wake him up at 4:30 and inform him of our plight. He called and ordered the transfer at that time. We were to have been picked up at 4:15 and were not retrieved until 5:00am. We got to the airport at 5:50 and, only thanks to the courtesy of airport/airline staff, were we able to make our flight. No apology or explanation was offered by Whispering Sands.

Again, these are just the details that a resort (really any reasonable hotel) is supposed to get right. On our stay, Whispering Sands came up short too many times.

The facility is ok. The staff is friendly and tries to please. But they must improve on the basics.

5 5 étoiles La réservation a-t-elle été facile ? 2 5 étoiles La remise des clés/l'accès à la location ont-ils été faciles ?
4 5 étoiles État général de la location 2 5 étoiles Literie
4 5 étoiles Propreté de la salle de bains 4 5 étoiles Autres équipements
2 5 étoiles Service
Le plus apprécié: The pool and the taxi driver.
Le moins apprécié: Delivery of basic services.
Compagnons de voyage : Young Children
Recommanderiez-vous cet hôtel à un ami ?    No.
  • Le rapport qualité-prix était-il bon ?
  • La location était-elle équipée d'un accès Internet ?
Cet avis vous a-t-il été utile ? Oui
Cet avis est l'opinion subjective d'un membre de TripAdvisor et non de TripAdvisor LLC.
Réponse de la direction
22 sept. 2013
Hi Almerose,

Let’s start where you ended.

The basics of decency are that you take responsibility for your own actions, and not blame others for your own shortcomings.

I had originally set your transfer time for 03:30 but when you came to my office your husband said “I don’t want to be hanging around an airport”
I advised that we always allow extra time in case anything goes wrong but your husband insisted. In fact he wanted the transfer to come at 04:45 but I said that was not wise. I asked you if 04:15 was ok and you said you would blame your husband if anything went wrong. Your revised pickup was duly passed to the transfer company. As happens from time to time they were running late from previous transfer...this happens because airline arrival times sometimes run behind schedule. This has a knock on effect and so they arrived half hour late.
If you had left well enough alone then you would not have had this problem. We have been doing this job long enough to know that you need to allow some extra time but we cannot insist...the guest has the last word. Your husband wanted to go late...so as circumstances turned out, you went late.
Perhaps this will be a reminder to everyone; please just let us do our job.

Now with regard to your apartment, I have to say that you made the booking with me. You replied to my advert on the www.homeaway.com website. As I mentioned in a previous review, all 2 bedroom apartments have two sofa beds in the living room as well as having a double with twin bedrooms, or two double bedrooms. All our adverts state this clearly. There is no ambiguity. Therefore anyone who books a 2 bedroom apartment knows they are getting a two bedroom apartment that sleeps up to 6 persons. I sent the booking form to you and on it was clearly stated “2 bedroom” because this is what you enquired about and this is what you paid for.
I have no idea why you should now try to mislead people into thinking you received anything other than what you had agreed to rent.

You know the funny thing is, I put you into a 4 bedroom apartment for your return last-night stay, for the same price per night as I had charged you for the 2 bedroom apartment. There was no mention of this free upgrade on your review. C’est la vie.
Liam
Cette réponse est l'opinion subjective du représentant de la direction et non de TripAdvisor LLC
Intéressé(e) par cet établissement ?
Faire une demande
USD 76
Nuit
Semaine
Faire une demande
logement avec protection des paiements
Gérant
Liam M
Parle Anglais
Inscrite en : oct. 2011
Taux de réponse: 75 %
Délai de réponse: en quelques heures
Calendrier mis à jour: il y a 121 jours
Certificat de Sécurité
Vous êtes automatiquement couvert pour toute location de vacances réservée sur TripAdvisor !
En savoir plus
Possédez-vous une location de vacances ? Inscrivez-la ici.
Les annonces sont gratuites !
Ajoutez votre location de vacances sur TripAdvisor et Holiday Lettings sans frais. Vous payez seulement 3 % de commission sur chaque réservation confirmée et payée.
Protégez votre vie privée
TripAdvisor communique vos coordonnées à vos locataires uniquement après que le premier paiement a été effectué.
Augmentez votre visibilité
Faites la promotion de votre logement auprès des voyageurs du monde entier qui recherchent activement une location dans votre secteur chaque mois.
Configurez votre annonce gratuite