Nous avons remarqué que vous utilisez un navigateur non reconnu. Il se peut que les pages de TripAdvisor ne s'affichent pas correctement.
Notre site est optimisé pour les navigateurs suivants:

The Sea Star - A Cambria Guest House B&B

Cambria
Logement à louer –
1 Chambre, 1 salle de bains, 2 couchages

Avis des voyageurs TripAdvisor

Contribuez à la communauté de voyageurs TripAdvisor et aidez les autres voyageurs à trouver la location de vacances parfaite
Écrire un avis

19 avis 19 avis
8 avis sur les hôtels
Avis dans 11 villes Avis dans 11 villes
10 votes utiles 10 votes utiles
“I agree with what everyone said except...”
4 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 30 avril 2014 Séjour en avril 2014
Google Traduction
personnes ont trouvé cet avis utile

our host went out of town for that weekend. Everything was great the first 2 nights that we were there. She left us breakfast of 3 scones and some homemade granola, a small pitcher of milk and some yogurt and a large bowl of fruit. The breakfast was great as we were to going hiking for 3 1/2 hours. We ate the fruit throughout the day. I was looking forward to another wonderful breakfast Sunday morning, thinking her husband would leave it outside our door. Sunday is the day we enjoy breakfast in bed. Breakfast never came and we had eaten the scones, 1/2 of the granola and yogurt, all of the milk & fruit on Saturday. It was 8am and I went to ask her husband but he was gone. So we had some dry granola, a little yogurt, no milk for the coffee and some leftover tortillas from Sat. lunch. I was so disappointed. I sent her a nice email asking her about the breakfast, hoping that there was some mistake and this was her answer:
Hi Pat,
Thank you so much for staying with us and I do appreciate the feedback. I usually ask if you need anything else before Sunday and apologize about the scones and milk..
Sometimes we have food left over, you never know what people like and don't like.
I hope that you both return and I will be able to meet you both then and make up the Sunday breakfast..
All the best and glad you enjoyed your stay.
Blessings,
Denise

Now, what do you think that she should have said? Her answer only made me mad. Apparently the food she left for us was supposed to be for 2 days but she didn't tell us that. I expected a more sincere apology and a possibly an offer of a small refund for the breakfast. I've stayed at a lot of B&B's and have always received a hearty breakfast and an offer of "Let me know if you need anything else". Now I believe that her husband really doesn't have much to do with her B&B because he never really offered anything. I would tell anyone to stay there just as long as she is around. I wish I could go back but now I have bad feelings about it.

5 5 étoiles La réservation a-t-elle été facile ? 5 5 étoiles L'itinéraire donné était-il correct ?
5 5 étoiles La remise des clés/l'accès à la location ont-ils été faciles ? 5 5 étoiles État général de la location
5 5 étoiles Literie 5 5 étoiles Cuisine et ustensiles
5 5 étoiles Propreté de la salle de bains 5 5 étoiles Autres équipements
2 5 étoiles Service
Le plus apprécié: I really didn't want to sayyes or no for recommending to a friend
Compagnons de voyage : époux(se)/partenaire
Recommanderiez-vous cet hôtel à un ami ?    Oui.
  • La location était-elle conforme à l'annonce ?
  • Recommanderiez-vous cette location ?
  • La location était-elle équipée d'un accès Internet ?
Cet avis vous a-t-il été utile ? Oui
Cet avis est l'opinion subjective d'un membre de TripAdvisor et non de TripAdvisor LLC.
Réponse de la direction
29 avr. 2014
Dear Pat,

I am sorry you were so disappointed and apologize again for not explaining about the breakfast to your expectation before hand. We are a home stay B&B that has the breakfast basket available upon arrival and a self catering kitchenette.
It is a little different than a larger B&B where a full breakfast is being served.
I am sorry that i was called a way and was unable to offer you a better reception and attention to your needs.

Thank you for staying with us in Cambria.
Cette réponse est l'opinion subjective du représentant de la direction et non de TripAdvisor LLC
Intéressé(e) par cet établissement ?
Faire une demande
Zoolook99...
San Mateo, CA
Contributeur confirmé
10 avis 10 avis
5 avis sur les hôtels
Avis dans 6 villes Avis dans 6 villes
9 votes utiles 9 votes utiles
“Charming, clean, cozy, convenient, cordial”
5 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 20 octobre 2013 Séjour en octobre 2013
Google Traduction
personnes ont trouvé cet avis utile

We will certainly stay at the Sea Star again! It is a lovely spot, quiet, private, scenic and very close to town with great restaurants and shops. Beautiful, exquisitely clean room, refreshingly decorated with a contemporary sea theme, rather than the over the top ruffles and faux Victorian atmosphere you find in some B&B's. We enjoyed the garden and potted plants, especially the variety of succulents. You can see the ocean from the top garden. We loved our long walk on the boardwalk.

The owners were friendly, helpful and available but not intrusive. We left a precious item behind and Denise kindly mailed it to us quickly.

The room has a small fridge and coffee pot, tea pot. We enjoyed our breakfast in bed tremendously, so nice not to have to dress and traipse down to a dining room full of strangers. We have enjoyed meeting new people at other B&B's, but I really prefer being on our own. The fruit plate was excellent, and so handy to have tea and coffee right away. There was a nice surprise of strawberry jam and lemon curds for the scones, which were terrific.

We appreciated the eco-friendly focus and all the personal touches, robes, slippers, picnic basket, basket of shampoos etc. There is lots of light in the room, and the bed was very comfortable, quality sheets and towels, and lots of pillows for reading in bed. We especially loved the little gas stove in the corner, it was just enough heat to chase off the October chill in the evening. Our stay was only for two nights, but was so refreshing we felt like it was twice that long.

5 5 étoiles Literie 5 5 étoiles Cuisine et ustensiles
5 5 étoiles Propreté de la salle de bains 5 5 étoiles Autres équipements
5 5 étoiles Service
Le plus apprécié: Quiet
Le moins apprécié: had to leave
Compagnons de voyage : époux(se)/partenaire
Votre tranche d'âge 50-64
Recommanderiez-vous cet hôtel à un ami ?    Oui.
Recommandé pour:
Voyageurs seniors Familles avec jeunes enfants
  • La location était-elle conforme à l'annonce ?
  • Recommanderiez-vous cette location ?
  • Le rapport qualité-prix était-il bon ?
  • La location était-elle équipée d'un accès Internet ?
Cet avis vous a-t-il été utile ? Oui
Intéressé(e) par cet établissement ?
Faire une demande
USD 155
Nuit
Semaine
Demander la réservation
Sinon, envoyez un message au propriétaire
Envoyer un message
logement avec protection des paiements
Gérant
Denise B
Parle Anglais
Inscrite en : mai 2013
Taux de réponse: 75 %
Délai de réponse: en 24 heures
Calendrier mis à jour: il y a 8 jours
Certificat de Sécurité
Vous êtes automatiquement couvert pour toute location de vacances réservée sur TripAdvisor !
En savoir plus
Possédez-vous une location de vacances ? Inscrivez-la ici.
Les annonces sont gratuites !
Ajoutez votre location de vacances sur TripAdvisor et Holiday Lettings sans frais. Vous payez seulement 3 % de commission sur chaque réservation confirmée et payée.
Protégez votre vie privée
TripAdvisor communique vos coordonnées à vos locataires uniquement après que le premier paiement a été effectué.
Augmentez votre visibilité
Faites la promotion de votre logement auprès des voyageurs du monde entier qui recherchent activement une location dans votre secteur chaque mois.
Configurez votre annonce gratuite