Nous avons remarqué que vous utilisez un navigateur non reconnu. Il se peut que les pages de TripAdvisor ne s'affichent pas correctement.
Notre site est optimisé pour les navigateurs suivants:

Hollywood Hills Tropical Paradise

Los Angeles
Appartement de copropriété/Appartement –
1 Chambre, 1 salle de bains, 5 couchages

Avis des voyageurs TripAdvisor

Contribuez à la communauté de voyageurs TripAdvisor et aidez les autres voyageurs à trouver la location de vacances parfaite
Écrivez un avis

Kristine...
Londres, Royaume-Uni
2 avis
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1 vote utile
“A heavenly abode in the gorgeous hollywood hills”
5 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 23 mars 2013 Séjour en février 2013
personne ont trouvé cet avis utile

Had an absolutely heavenly stay at this property. First of all, the location was perfection itself. Even without a car one could easily walk all over Hollywood or catch the subway and there is a Trader Joe's to buy groceries at within easy walking distance. It is also lovely to walk up and all around the Hollywood Hills and along the reservoir. Yvonne was the most wonderful hostess ever and had us all up for a lovely dinner one night. Michael, our neighbour, was the sweetest man you could imagine and it was so nice to have such great people around us. The house was exactly as described and has a gorgeous, lush garden in the backyard that you could relax in to catch some sun. The decor of the place was sublime and I especially loved the opium niche in the bedroom that was stuffed full of silk pillows. It was nice to sit there with my laptop and gaze out at lemon trees in the distance with wide open windows. Having a full kitchen was also a great help as it was really like a home away from home as the idea of staying in a sterile hotel didn't appeal to me in the least. I wanted a place where I could feel that I lived in while vacationing and this was the perfect spot. Would go back again in a heartbeat and miss my time there ever so much.

5 5 étoiles La réservation a-t-elle été facile ? 5 5 étoiles L'itinéraire donné était-il correct ?
5 5 étoiles La remise des clés/l'accès à la location ont-ils été faciles ? 5 5 étoiles État général de la location
5 5 étoiles Service
Le plus apprécié: The homelike feel of the property and Yvonne and Michael who were the best neighbours imaginable
Le moins apprécié: I liked everything.
Compagnons de voyage : époux(se)/partenaire
  • La location était-elle équipée d'un accès Internet ?
  • Votre caution vous a-t-elle été restituée dans les délais prévus ?
Cet avis vous a-t-il été utile ? Oui
Cet avis est l'opinion subjective d'un membre de TripAdvisor et non de TripAdvisor LLC.
Foxfires
Washington State, USA
Auteur de niveau
3 avis
3 avis sur les hôtels
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2 votes utiles
“Bohemian Retreat in West Hollywood”
5 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 6 février 2013 Séjour en janvier 2013
Google Traduction

Having stayed in Los Angeles once before, I knew I wanted something other than a hotel. I wanted something with charm and character. I wanted someplace that would feel like 'home' to me while I was in Hollywood for a week, rather than just crashing in a hotel for five days. When I spotted Miss Yvonne's place, I knew I'd found my home away from home.

My choice was perfect! I am so glad I found this place. Miss Yvonne was extremely helpful in emails leading up to my stay, with detailed instructions on how to enter my 'bungalow' as I liked to call it, in case she was not there when I arrived.

The place is even more adorable than the pictures let on. So wonderfully artsy, so very cozy and comfortable... I immediately felt at home. I was delighted to see the fantastic 'reading nook' in the bedroom!! And as an artist, I really admired the gorgeous Hindu artwork that went so well with the eclectic furniture!

Miss Yvonne came down to say hello, and invited me up for refreshments in her apartment upstairs. I gladly did so, and had a fantastic chat! I could immediately see why everything here appealed to me. Everything about the property is eclectic, bohemian, relaxed, and welcoming.

If people are coming here expecting a hotel, they are really not getting the point of staying here. It is an apartment in a classic Hollywood home, with all the charm of the vintage architecture. There are other people on the property, which for me added to my sense of hominess and also security. I loved knowing other people were close by. I didn't feel so alone in the big city (though the neighborhood was so charming, I easily forgot I was even in Hollywood!)

Along those lines - there are two points I want to make clear so that people who get uptight about these kinds of things can find another property more suiting to their needs: 1. The bathroom is very small. It's original architecture, so a stand-up shower only, and at that it is more like a European 'en-suite' shower. But it gets the job done, and at the fantastic price Miss Yvonne is charging for the bungalow, I was more than happy with it.

2. Yes, Miss Yvonne lives upstairs, and yes - there are hardwood floors. So you can occasionally hear soft footsteps, or even a little light music filtering in from above. You -are- in a multi-person dwelling, after all. Compared to the absolutely mind-numbing noises I've dealt with in hotels, where the people upstairs could care less that you are below them... this was paradise. I'm sensitive to this kind of stuff, and it never once bothered me.

Also - a third point just be clear for all, this place is really not wheelchair accessible. To gain access to the apartment, you must walk down a number of wide steps into the garden and around the corner. So if you have issues with stairs, you might make note of this.

I loved the location. As a woman staying solo, I wanted someplace within walking distance of Hollywood Boulevard, so that I could head out during the day and go adventuring, and yet feel safe while doing so. I adored walking through the neighborhood - it's all very hip and charming. It took me about 15 minutes at a nice stroll to get onto the Boulevard. There are a couple of different routes you can take. I felt safe at all times. If you are really sketched out about seeing a homeless person or two near the freeway underpass, then perhaps the walk is not for you. I used a taxi service to come pick me up after dark. They were there within ten minutes, and were a great alternative.

The reading nook was as relaxing as I'd hoped! The kitchen was adorable and a welcome convenience. The only thing I planned to utilize and never had a chance to, was to light the fireplace!! It was all ready to go... but I kept getting 'home' too late to enjoy it. So next time! :)

I am totally looking forward to my next stay at Miss Yvonne's Tropical Paradise!! I'm already planning my next trip, and am eager to stay here again!

5 5 étoiles Service
Le plus apprécié: The eclectic, comfortable atmosphere
Le moins apprécié: The small bathroom, but I rented it knowing ahead of time it was small - so it was fine.
Compagnons de voyage : Solo
  • La location était-elle équipée d'un accès Internet ?
  • Votre caution vous a-t-elle été restituée dans les délais prévus ?
Wi
5 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 25 janvier 2013 Séjour en janvier 2013
5 5 étoiles Emplacement 4 5 étoiles Propreté
Pour les amoureux Voyageurs seniors
Voyageurs endurcis
Cet avis vous a-t-il été utile ? Oui
Cet avis est l'opinion subjective d'un voyageur et non de TripAdvisor LLC ou de ses partenaires.
25 janv. 2013
Glad you enjoyed your stay. Lots of fun having you.
Cette réponse est l'opinion du représentant de la direction et non celle de TripAdvisor LLC ou de l'un de ses partenaires.
San Diego
5 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 22 décembre 2012 Séjour en décembre 2012
5 5 étoiles Emplacement 5 5 étoiles Propreté
22 déc. 2012
Thank you so much for your nice review. I hope you stay again and I can get to know you better.
giuliamor...
Recco, Italie
1 avis
“We felt like at home!”
5 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 28 novembre 2012 Séjour en novembre 2012
Google Traduction

great stay in Hollywood! I really miss Yvonne and her kindness!
The home pretty, the place fantastic..
Michael, the neighbour very kind.
We had dinner all together many times ..
perfect stay for any types of vacation!

Le plus apprécié: Yvonne
Compagnons de voyage : Amis
Groupe d'amis
Lakewood
5 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 2 novembre 2012 Séjour en octobre 2012
5 5 étoiles Emplacement 5 5 étoiles Propreté
Pour les amoureux Voyageurs seniors
02 nov. 2012
So glad you enjoyed your stay here. You were a lot of fun. Loved walking around these hills with you. Hope you can stay again.
Karen
Ohio
5 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 25 octobre 2012 Séjour en septembre 2012
5 5 étoiles Emplacement 4 5 étoiles Propreté
25 oct. 2012
Really loved having you here !!! You were a most memorable guest. And that was among many really nice & fun guests we have had. Felt like you were an old friend(long-time, that is--not aged;-) right away. Was sorry to see you go. Hope you can return.
Arrivée
Départ
Occupants
à partir de
USD 115
Nuit
Semaine
Le propriétaire peut appliquer des frais supplémentaires
Demander la réservation
Sinon, envoyez un message au propriétaire
Envoyer un message
logement avec protection des paiements
Gérant
yvonne e
Parle Anglais
Inscription : mai 2012
Taux de réponse: 100 %
Calendrier mis à jour: il y a 30 jours
Certificat de Sécurité
Vous êtes automatiquement couvert pour toute location de vacances réservée sur TripAdvisor !
En savoir plus
Possédez-vous une location de vacances ? Inscrivez-la ici.
Les annonces sont gratuites !
Ajoutez votre location de vacances sur TripAdvisor et Holiday Lettings sans frais. Vous payez seulement 3 % de commission sur chaque réservation confirmée et payée.
Protégez votre vie privée
TripAdvisor communique vos coordonnées à vos locataires uniquement après que le premier paiement a été effectué.
Augmentez votre visibilité
Faites la promotion de votre logement auprès des voyageurs du monde entier qui recherchent activement une location dans votre secteur chaque mois.
Configurez votre annonce gratuite