Nous avons remarqué que vous utilisez un navigateur non reconnu. Il se peut que les pages de TripAdvisor ne s'affichent pas correctement.
Notre site est optimisé pour les navigateurs suivants:

Beach Dream~ Ocean Front

Depoe Bay
Logement à louer –
4 Chambres, 2 salles de bains, 10 couchages

Avis des voyageurs TripAdvisor

Contribuez à la communauté de voyageurs TripAdvisor et aidez les autres voyageurs à trouver la location de vacances parfaite
Écrire un avis

18 avis 18 avis
9 avis sur les hôtels
Avis dans 11 villes Avis dans 11 villes
12 votes utiles 12 votes utiles
“Beach Dream should be titled "Beach Nightmare"”
1 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 6 août 2012 Séjour en juillet 2012
Google Traduction

What should have been a glorious 5 night stay at Bella Beach with family and friends was a nighmare from night 1. First, Bella Beach Property Managment Company's ad states that the house sleeps 12. It does not. We had 10 adults in our party and had to rent an additional home when we arrived as there were only 3 double beds and 2 single beds. One guest moved to the second house because she could not sleep on the saging matress in her room and had to sleep on the sofa the first night. There is an old lumpy futon in one BR along with 2 single beds and a Sofa Bed in the LR that saged so badly it was uncomfortable to just sit on the sofa. Also there are only 8 DR chairs, and there is not enough comfortable seating in the house for even 8 adults. Fortunately we had brought folding chairs for the beach so we used those.

The house was filthy and in dire need of paint, new furnishings, and numerous repairs. Following is a list of problems we encountered.
The furniture was, dirty, stained, and the fabric was worn out. One chair even had a large tear in the fabric. The hardwood floors were filthy. The Fireplace stone was filthy, and the screen a tangled mass of metal. Sliding Glass doors upstairs and down were broken
The "Gourment Kitchen" had cheap dishes, glassware, and utinsels (again, thank goodness we brought our own wine and champagne glasses) and had dirty cabinets, and drawers. We washed everything before using it because the liners in the drawers were filthy. The Carpets on the stairs and in the BR's were stained and very dirty. The main bath smelled of urine the entire time we were there. The first night, 2 guests could not sleep due to a loud buzzing noise in the wiring runing along the wall in their BR. It took management until the 3rd day to have an electrician come and fix the problem. Meanwhile on night #2 we had to turn off all the electricity in the house, so they could sleep, which meant you could not flush the toilets!
The Property Manager from Bella Beach Property Management was supposed to come to the home to address the problems we were having, but failed to show up even though we waited all day after another member of his staff assured us he would be coming.
The Ocean facing deck has not been maintained and consisted of splinters and peeling paint. The Picnic Table located on the deck was in the same condition. Again, thank goodness for our folding chairs.

My husband and I vist the Depoe Bay area of Oregon frequently over the years and have never in our travels encountered such conditions, and the total lack of property oversight by the Management Company. You would not wish a stay at this home on your worst enemy.

4 5 étoiles La réservation a-t-elle été facile ? 4 5 étoiles L'itinéraire donné était-il correct ?
4 5 étoiles La remise des clés/l'accès à la location ont-ils été faciles ? 1 5 étoiles État général de la location
1 5 étoiles Literie 1 5 étoiles Cuisine et ustensiles
2 5 étoiles Propreté de la salle de bains 1 5 étoiles Autres équipements
1 5 étoiles Service
Le plus apprécié: nothing
Le moins apprécié: everything
Compagnons de voyage : Amis
Recommanderiez-vous cet hôtel à un ami ?    No.
  • La location était-elle équipée d'un accès Internet ?
Cet avis vous a-t-il été utile ? Oui
Cet avis est l'opinion subjective d'un membre de TripAdvisor et non de TripAdvisor LLC.
Réponse de la direction
06 août 2012
I am sorry your vacation was so unhappy. That is not the experience we want any of our guests to encounter. Please allow me to address your comments and let you know how they are being resolved.

Your comments begin with the home advertised to sleep 12. The home owner and I have discussed this and they have agreed to have us change the accommodations to sleep 10. You had written there were 3 double beds and 2 single beds, so now, in the home’s description, we state “This home comfortably sleeps 6 adults and 4 children with an additional sofa sleeper for 2 young children.” The home owner has plans to replace the sofa sleeper in the living room in the fall of 2012.

You are correct, there are 8 dining room chairs in this home that was advertised as sleeping 12 people. The home owner has 4 bar stools at the counter plus 7 folding chairs in their garage. Now that the home is advertised as sleeping 10 people, the home owner feels the number of seating will be acceptable.

The home owner likes to have their home looking fresh and had me acquire bids to have their home repainted; however, they needed to wait until after summer to have this work performed. This work is scheduled for the fall 2012. They have also scheduled to have their wooden floors sanded and refinished in the fall after the summer traffic, as they couldn’t take their home off-line during the prime summer months. The repairs to the floor would also include repairing the track on the sliding glass door. This home was still clean and attractive.

After this work, the homeowner plans on replacing some of their furnishings, notably the sofa and chairs.

In June, the home owner also asked me to get quotes on installing a gas insert into their fireplace. Again, summer time is a difficult time to perform the work as the home had many reservations previously made (similar to yours which had been originally made in January 2012) and new reservations continually being made.

The kitchen ware was replenished before summer. Through rentals and attrition, this is something that generally needs attention. Our cleaning staff have been trained, and are directed, to clean and organize the kitchen drawers after guests depart, as often times, guests re-arrange the cupboards and drawers. If this was over-looked, I apologize.

We had a professional carpet cleaning company clean their home on July 12, 2012 before your arrival in late July.

The buzzing noise was reported to the maintenance person on Friday of your stay. When the maintenance person could not repair the noise, he informed me. At that point, still Friday morning, I phoned an electrician and had him come over immediately to resolve the issue. As my maintenance person and the electrician were handling the issue, which I thought was timely since I just learned of the issue, I did not know my presence there was required. If I had known you wanted to see me, I would have gone to the home.

The home owners and I are both very sorry about your vacation experience. Our goal is for every guest to have a most pleasant and remarkable stay. These home owners are engaged in their home and they put a lot into their home. They, too, saw areas that needed to be re-freshed and were having it scheduled at the first opportunity of their slow period. They feel bad that your stay came at a point when they could not take their home off-line. They were trying to finish out the summer before starting their home’s updates. The owners have offered you a free night’s stay during your next stay with them so you can see the improvements they have made. Please contact me directly if you wish to take advantage of their offer.

November 5, 2012 update. The hardwood floor has been fully refinished along with the repair to the sliding glass door. New sofas, chairs and a day bed has been added along with a bar stool. The futon has been removed. The fireplace is being remodeled. The carpets were cleaned again and the walls painted.
Cette réponse est l'opinion subjective du représentant de la direction et non de TripAdvisor LLC
Intéressé(e) par cet établissement ?
Faire une demande
Arrivée
Départ
Occupants
Cet établissement n'a pas encore renseigné ses tarifs. Contactez le propriétaire/gérant pour connaître le prix total.
Faire une demande
Parler au gérant/à la gérante
Gérant
Bella Beach Property Management
Parle Anglais
Inscrite en : mars 2010
Calendrier mis à jour: il y a 12 jours
Remarque : Les informations relatives aux taux de réponse de ce gérant ne sont pas disponibles.
Possédez-vous une location de vacances ? Inscrivez-la ici.
Les annonces sont gratuites !
Ajoutez votre location de vacances sur TripAdvisor et Holiday Lettings sans frais. Vous payez seulement 3 % de commission sur chaque réservation confirmée et payée.
Protégez votre vie privée
TripAdvisor communique vos coordonnées à vos locataires uniquement après que le premier paiement a été effectué.
Augmentez votre visibilité
Faites la promotion de votre logement auprès des voyageurs du monde entier qui recherchent activement une location dans votre secteur chaque mois.
Configurez votre annonce gratuite