Nous avons remarqué que vous utilisez un navigateur non reconnu. Il se peut que les pages de TripAdvisor ne s'affichent pas correctement.
Notre site est optimisé pour les navigateurs suivants:

Cedar Tree House sleeps 8 to 24--Comfort & Beauty

Bellingham
Logement à louer –
5 Chambres, 4 salles de bains, 24 couchages

Avis des voyageurs TripAdvisor

Contribuez à la communauté de voyageurs TripAdvisor et aidez les autres voyageurs à trouver la location de vacances parfaite
Écrire un avis

Français en 1er
Jayson K
1 avis
1 vote utile 1 vote utile
“Beautiful scenery - an amazing house with a kind, helpful owner!”
5 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 19 juin 2014 Séjour en mars 2014
personne ont trouvé cet avis utile

My wife and I had our wedding celebration here; we stayed for two nights to cover our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception.

The grounds were well kept, the house was a perfect size for our group of ~60, and everything turned out perfectly. Kara, the owner, was incredibly kind and informative throughout the process. She was quick to respond to emails and inquiries. The rental agreement may seem a bit thorough, but as long as your party is respectful and responsible, there shouldn't be any issues. (We received our full damage deposit back very quickly after our event.)

If you're looking for a place that's close to town but still has a "remote" feel, you should definitely come here. We couldn't have asked for a better retreat.

5 5 étoiles La réservation a-t-elle été facile ? 5 5 étoiles L'itinéraire donné était-il correct ?
5 5 étoiles La remise des clés/l'accès à la location ont-ils été faciles ? 5 5 étoiles État général de la location
4 5 étoiles Literie 4 5 étoiles Cuisine et ustensiles
5 5 étoiles Propreté de la salle de bains 5 5 étoiles Autres équipements
5 5 étoiles Service
Le plus apprécié: The quiet scenery without being too far from the city.
Le moins apprécié: Nothing comes to mind!
Compagnons de voyage : Large Group
Recommanderiez-vous cet hôtel à un ami ?    Oui.
Groupe d'amis Personnes handicapées
Voyageurs seniors Familles avec jeunes enfants
Pour les groupes
  • Recommanderiez-vous cette location ?
  • Le rapport qualité-prix était-il bon ?
  • La location était-elle équipée d'un accès Internet ?
  • Votre caution vous a-t-elle été restituée dans les délais prévus ?
Cet avis vous a-t-il été utile ? Oui
Cet avis est l'opinion subjective d'un membre de TripAdvisor et non de TripAdvisor LLC.
CML1125
Boston, Massachusetts
1 avis
4 votes utiles 4 votes utiles
“Great house, but too many nit-picky rules.”
4 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 5 mars 2014 Séjour en février 2014
personnes ont trouvé cet avis utile

I rate this experience as "very good" based on the overall quality of the house and location. The house was big and easily accommodated our group - 10 adults, no children, no pets. The kitchen was also well stocked with cooking utensils, serving ware, and enough dishes to accommodate large group meals. As someone who has stayed in a number of vacation rentals, I must say this was one of the best stocked rentals in terms of kitchen needs. Further, the location served us well - easy access to Bellingham and an hour-ish drive to Mt. Baker. I also found the location to be relaxing, with all the trees in the back.

While, in general, my stay was nice, I do have reservations that would keep me from returning or recommending this rental to others. First, the landlords had several house rules (e.g., showering before using hot tub, not using the garbage disposal, no shoes in carpeted areas), all of which, as a homeowner, I can respect and understand. However, at the end of our stay I was very surprised by the number of minute details for which they had charged us. We received a $55 fee for not separating trash from recycling. I'll mind you, we did take care to sort trash and recycling, but owners should be mindful that there may be individuals who are not quite as attentive to all items that can be recycled and may have tossed recyclable items in with the trash. That being said, a $55 fee seems unreasonable. We also charged for a broken item, which was actually broken upon our arrival. In hindsight, the fault is ours as we should've reported the problem upon our arrival. Although, for being such picky owners you would think that a broken item would not be an issue in the first place.

I also found it odd that each of the kitchen cabinets had pictures of how the dishes/pots/pans should be placed. I understand wanting to maintain organization, but the expectation that things would be exactly as left seems unrealistic. That being said, I would not recommend this place to a group that does not have time or care to tend to minute details. On a related matter there were several notes posted throughout the house about dos and don'ts, again as a fellow homeowner I can understand concern, however if you are going to be this picky about your guests - and then charge for minute details - perhaps you shouldn't be renting your property.

All this being said, the house itself is lovely, well supplied, and a great space for a big group. However, as a seasoned renter of vacation rentals I was very surprised by the number of house rules and high expectations upon departure; in years of renting vacation rentals I have never experienced a place so particular, nor have I ever been fined due to broken items, mess, or not properly following a closing procedure. Thus, I do not recommend this property to families or groups, especially with children.

4 5 étoiles État général de la location 3 5 étoiles Literie
3 5 étoiles Cuisine et ustensiles 3 5 étoiles Propreté de la salle de bains
3 5 étoiles Autres équipements
Compagnons de voyage : Amis
Recommanderiez-vous cet hôtel à un ami ?    No.
Recommandé pour:
Groupe d'amis Familles avec jeunes enfants
Pour les groupes
Réponse de la direction
05 mars 2014
I do not recognize this person as anyone who rented the house, but it sounds like she may have been an invited guest of the person who did. As such, there are a number of details in the review above that I should correct.

I am glad she enjoyed the house and location. We have had so many wonderful guests stay and enjoy it. We have had very few groups (perhaps two a year) who don't treat it well. We feel very fortunate to share this place with so many wonderful people, including many groups with children.

We did have a very heavy drinking group this winter that was one of these few groups we've had that did not treat the place well, where we kept back part of their damage deposit--and it sounds like she may have been part of this group. I checked with the renter first, and he acknowledged the issues--including the lack of recycling sorting, running off our driveway-pushing large landscaping rocks out of place, the broken fridge part (which I was willing not to charge for and was a small amount--but he accepted), etc. It was actually a small part of this group's deposit that was held back, and some things I didn't charge for (such as the full landscaping restoration).

The largest charge was for the recycling sorting. Given the great volume of trash generated because of all the bottles and cans not sorted from the food and other garbage, we could have charged this group the $80 excess trash dump fee that is usually reserved for events held here--but instead, my husband spent over two and 1/2 very messy and unpleasant hours pulling all these recyclables out of the other garbage and cleaning them. I think this group got a good bargain at $20/hr for this service. We do have it clearly stated in the rental agreement and check out list that groups are supposed to do this themselves or they will be charged for it.

We do have signs up about care of our septic system in the house and about care using the decks and hot tub outside. There are a few signs offering things/information such as nightlights, emergency supplies, boots & umbrellas for guests to use. That is the limit of the "do's and don'ts." There is no sign, nor do we have a rule about shoes on the rugs--perhaps she is confusing this with another rental home? We provided the photos inside the kitchen cupboards at the request of an early Cedar Tree guest who said she thought it would be helpful to her and future guests, and avoid the need for future labeling. It seemed like a great idea to me.

We look forward to other groups who will come to enjoy, care for and relax in Cedar Tree House. You are most welcome.
Cette réponse est l'opinion subjective du représentant de la direction et non de TripAdvisor LLC
Eric
WA
5 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 13 janvier 2014 Séjour en septembre 2013
5 5 étoiles Rapport qualité / prix 4 5 étoiles Chambres
5 5 étoiles Emplacement 5 5 étoiles Propreté
4 5 étoiles Réception 5 5 étoiles Service
Cet avis vous a-t-il été utile ? Oui
Cet avis est l'opinion subjective d'un voyageur et non de TripAdvisor LLC ou de ses partenaires.
Un voyageur authentifié par FlipKey
65 avis 65 avis
33 avis sur les hôtels
Avis dans 39 villes Avis dans 39 villes
52 votes utiles 52 votes utiles
“Great Rental for large family group”
5 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 9 juin 2012 Séjour en mai 2012
personnes ont trouvé cet avis utile

We rented the Cedar Tree House for our son's wedding and housed his bridal party along with our family. The house was a great set up with multiple beds to have 4-6 guys or girls per room. The outdoor space was great as well and looked over on a Ravine of Trees with a creek below. The kitchen is well stocked for serving several people and we found it so organized with helpful notes and lists etc. The kids also loved the hot tub on the deck. All in all we had a great stay and would definitely recommend for this type of gathering.

4 5 étoiles La réservation a-t-elle été facile ? 4 5 étoiles L'itinéraire donné était-il correct ?
5 5 étoiles Literie 5 5 étoiles Cuisine et ustensiles
5 5 étoiles Propreté de la salle de bains 5 5 étoiles Autres équipements
5 5 étoiles Service
Compagnons de voyage : Famille élargie
Recommanderiez-vous cet hôtel à un ami ?    Oui.
Groupe d'amis Pour les groupes
  • Recommanderiez-vous cette location ?
  • Le rapport qualité-prix était-il bon ?
  • La location était-elle équipée d'un accès Internet ?
  • Votre caution vous a-t-elle été restituée dans les délais prévus ?
Arrivée
Départ
Occupants
à partir de
USD 270
Nuit
Semaine
Mois
Le propriétaire peut appliquer des frais supplémentaires
Gérant
Kara B
Parle Anglais, Espagnol, Français
Inscrite en : nov. 2010
Taux de réponse: 85 %
Délai de réponse: en quelques heures
Calendrier mis à jour: il y a 3 jours
Possédez-vous une location de vacances ? Inscrivez-la ici.
Les annonces sont gratuites !
Ajoutez votre location de vacances sur TripAdvisor et Holiday Lettings sans frais. Vous payez seulement 3 % de commission sur chaque réservation confirmée et payée.
Protégez votre vie privée
TripAdvisor communique vos coordonnées à vos locataires uniquement après que le premier paiement a été effectué.
Augmentez votre visibilité
Faites la promotion de votre logement auprès des voyageurs du monde entier qui recherchent activement une location dans votre secteur chaque mois.
Configurez votre annonce gratuite