Nous avons remarqué que vous utilisez un navigateur non reconnu. Il se peut que les pages de TripAdvisor ne s'affichent pas correctement.
Notre site est optimisé pour les navigateurs suivants:

Holiday Bungalow in Paje with shared pool

Paje
Logement à louer –
1 Chambre, 1 salle de bains, 2 couchages

Avis des voyageurs TripAdvisor

Contribuez à la communauté de voyageurs TripAdvisor et aidez les autres voyageurs à trouver la location de vacances parfaite
Écrire un avis

Scott L
2 avis
Avis dans 2 villes Avis dans 2 villes
5 votes utiles 5 votes utiles
“Perfect - if you want to get away”
5 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 18 février 2012 Séjour en février 2012
personnes ont trouvé cet avis utile

I wanted a quiet place to stay, feel remote and get some work done while enjoying a tropical paradise. I could not have chosen better. Hence my 5-star rating. However, there are some things that others may want to keep in mind before choosing this property:

- It is at the quiet end of Paje and a 20 or so walk to the shops (which sell not too much of use) and density of tourist facilities. You're not missing much and I was very glad to be where I was, but if you like to have you evenings in the area where you have a number of restaurants to choose from etc. you'll have a bit of a walk and complete darkness after 6.30. Bring a torch!!!

- The kitchen isn't really up to cooking real meals and if you are staying for only a brief period, it won't be easy to locate the things one needs to cook with anyway. The shops sell pasta, but no sauce or tinned tomatoes or fresh tomatoes, for example. If you want to eat in, better to have Aziz, the chap who met me at the airport and made sure things were all right, bring you a meal made by his sister. These were cheap, large and almost always super fresh and delicious.

- This isn't the place to go if you want that 5-star luxury feeling (frequent power cuts across the whole island, low water pressure on the shower, for example), but perfect if you want to be somewhere off-the-beaten-track and have a slight spirit of adventure. If you go with this attitude, this place is a wonderful find and very very comfortable and cosy. If you expect complete mod cons you'll probably be disappointed. (I suspect this is the root of the bad review I saw on here.)

- Don't go snorkelling. The reef is apparently near dead and my experience agrees. I was once before in Vietnam and here I kept looking for the real stuff - until I realised I was looking at all there was. Rented masks also often leak (0 for 2, was my experience). If you have one, bring one for whatever purposes you may need it (swimming with dolphins, etc).

5 5 étoiles La réservation a-t-elle été facile ? 5 5 étoiles La remise des clés/l'accès à la location ont-ils été faciles ?
4 5 étoiles État général de la location 4 5 étoiles Literie
3 5 étoiles Cuisine et ustensiles 4 5 étoiles Propreté de la salle de bains
5 5 étoiles Autres équipements 5 5 étoiles Service
Le plus apprécié: I loved everything about the place really. My caveats above were not things that troubled me, but simply heads-ups. I truly felt at home and loved sitting on the veranda in the evenings etc.
Le moins apprécié: I suppose the power cuts were sometimes a drag - but no great bother.
Compagnons de voyage : Voyageur solo
Cet avis vous a-t-il été utile ? Oui
Cet avis est l'opinion subjective d'un membre de TripAdvisor et non de TripAdvisor LLC.
riri25
Beyrouth, Liban
Auteur chevronné
99 avis 99 avis
48 avis sur les hôtels
Avis dans 45 villes Avis dans 45 villes
47 votes utiles 47 votes utiles
“Nice space /garden but could find better for similar price”
3 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 16 janvier 2012 Séjour en janvier 2012
personnes ont trouvé cet avis utile

The bungalow looks exactly like the picture. It is a nice space and garden. We were ok in the few days we spent there but there are few drawbacks:
- The alley to reach the bungalow is too dark at night and there is no lights at the entrance of the villa - I wouldn't recommend this place for a solo traveler.
- It is not at the seafront so does not enjoy the sea breeze like other places , the solo stand fan is not enough and it was unbearably hot several nights.
- The place so ok but not really what I call clean/spotless - several cobwebs around
- The water pressure in the shower was weak but bearable

It is an ok place but if someone can manage a beach front bungalow or one with a/c , it will much better and there are several options in paje.

4 5 étoiles La réservation a-t-elle été facile ? 3 5 étoiles L'itinéraire donné était-il correct ?
4 5 étoiles La remise des clés/l'accès à la location ont-ils été faciles ? 3 5 étoiles État général de la location
4 5 étoiles Literie 4 5 étoiles Cuisine et ustensiles
2 5 étoiles Propreté de la salle de bains 3 5 étoiles Autres équipements
3 5 étoiles Service
Le plus apprécié: space- garden
Le moins apprécié: lack of a/c & good fan and darkeness to reach the place in the evening
Recommandé pour:
Groupe d'amis Personnes avec des animaux de compagnie
TheMiller...
1 vote utile 1 vote utile
“Best holiday ever!”
4 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 5 janvier 2012 Séjour en décembre 2011
Google Traduction
personne ont trouvé cet avis utile

This bungalow is the perfect place to stay if you want to get away from it all and really enjoy the peace, quiet, sunshine and charming atmosphere that Zanzibar conjures up. You are tucked away just behind the beach, close enough to pop there and visit lovely restaurant and bars (all very chilled and untouristy) and the AMAZING beach but also hidden away from everyone else. You really feel that you've found your own little piece of Zanzibar! Even though you are in the grounds of the owner's house - you never see anyone, except for the wonderful Masai who guards the compound and the lovely gardener/maintenance man - it's so peaceful. It is a basic bungalow, but it's clean, it's got everything you need and we really loved it for its simplicity. We didn't do much cooking because it was so lovely to be on the beach at night but we ate lunch there often. The owner is really easy to deal with and makes the whole process of booking/paying/arriving smooth and effortless. Highly recommended.

5 5 étoiles La réservation a-t-elle été facile ? 5 5 étoiles L'itinéraire donné était-il correct ?
5 5 étoiles La remise des clés/l'accès à la location ont-ils été faciles ? 4 5 étoiles État général de la location
3 5 étoiles Literie 3 5 étoiles Cuisine et ustensiles
4 5 étoiles Propreté de la salle de bains 4 5 étoiles Autres équipements
5 5 étoiles Service
Le plus apprécié: Location and quiet
Le moins apprécié: Very hard pillows!
Voyageurs seniors
  • Le rapport qualité-prix était-il bon ?
  • La location était-elle équipée d'un accès Internet ?
LauraNico...
2 votes utiles 2 votes utiles
“Absolutely charming and beautiful place to visit”
5 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 3 décembre 2011 Séjour en novembre 2011
personnes ont trouvé cet avis utile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the bungalow for a week in November. It was absolutely beautiful and quaint, a perfect place for us to relax and spend time together. The house was clean, and charming and had everything we needed to make our stay perfect.

The location of the bungalow is perfect, allowing you the option to part-take in the evening events on the beach with easy access, but not interrupting you at the house if you want a quiet night in. We made good use of the shops along the main road and found that it was easy to get any last minute things required for cooking.

John is an amazing host and a very generous man. Anything we needed we were able to call him or ask for his advice. He went above and beyond what we had expected.

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL AND MAGICAL!

5 5 étoiles La réservation a-t-elle été facile ? 4 5 étoiles L'itinéraire donné était-il correct ?
5 5 étoiles La remise des clés/l'accès à la location ont-ils été faciles ? 5 5 étoiles État général de la location
5 5 étoiles Literie 4 5 étoiles Cuisine et ustensiles
5 5 étoiles Propreté de la salle de bains 5 5 étoiles Autres équipements
5 5 étoiles Service
Le plus apprécié: Location- easy walking access to everything
KT000000
Minster, Royaume-Uni
1 avis
“Holidays for me have to be a combination of relaxation and adventure, this holiday was the perfect mix of both”
5 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 1 novembre 2011 Séjour en mars 2009
Google Traduction

This was my first time to Zanzibar and a holiday I will never forgot.

I booked to stay for 10 days, I wish I had stayed longer! The bungalow that I stayed in was very quaint. I loved its basic nature which blended perfectly with the gardens outside, a really space for relaxation and reading. Because it is private property you feel you can just relax without other people and families constantly going past. Going to the local store and cooking on your own stove was all part of the adventure. All of the basics were provided to a great standard, the shower in particular impressed me, great relief after a long day at the beach and was powerful enough to get salt out of my very thick long hair! (this is very important to me) The peaceful nature of the bungalow meant you had your own sanctuary if needed, however, its close proximity to the beach was ideal. I really enjoyed the beech bar and all that paje had to offer. I loved the walk along the beech to the next village and restaurant that looked out over the sea, walking back by moon light was magical. I also enjoyed trips into stone town where you are bombarded by smell and colour, a real mix of old and new, steeped in tradition whilst still offering a cold beer and the internet! I would recommend checking out all of the spices that this amazing island has to offer.
All in all an incredible holiday and adventure. The beaches are amazing, you think they look good in the pictures but with your own eyes they just get even better. There is lots to do and so much culture to take in. Alternatively, there is enough for you on the door step to do nothing but top up an amazing tan! The roads are not like they are in the UK and you do often come across the odd cow. I would always get advice on the best way to travel especially if you have a family and the rules of the road is you are hiring a car.

I was very impressed with how quickly the holiday was organised and always felt that someone was available had I had any grievances or questions.
Cant wait to go back.

Groupe d'amis Voyageurs seniors
anne531
London, England, United Kingdom
1 avis
“Fantastic spot 5 mins from the best beach on the Island unbelievable value for money”
5 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 29 octobre 2011 Séjour en décembre 2010
Google Traduction

We stayed in the bungalow for two weeks in Dec 2010 and absolutely loved it…we loved it so much we went back a second time in May 2011 for another wonderful stay.
The house is situated less than 5minutes from the best part of the beach in the area. The sea on the east coast is amazing from Jambiani to Bweju but Paje has the best beach. The area also includes some great beach bars such as The Dhow Inn or Jambo bar and also some wonderful restaurants. We ate one night in a small restaurant on the beach and it was so romantic and great food and service.
The bungalow is in a secure garden with the main house over to the side. It is very peaceful , safe, clean and in a beautiful garden. It is also very private. The house has got a lovely patio which we loved to sit early evening and first thing in the morning. Surrounded by the fantastic garden. The bedroom has a seating area and a comfortable double bed. The kitchen is small but has everything that you need and the bathroom is the same. The property is really the best value in Zanzibar and we have traveled around and looked and stayed in many other places. We found the housekeeper so friendly and he showed us where to shop etc and also did shopping for us. He got us bikes, introduced us to so many people , got our car fixed for us and took us to the local disco! Everybody was so helpful and it made our stay just heaven.
We stayed the last two days of our trip in The Breeze but it was so package tour that we much preferred staying in the bungalow .
I am surprised to see a negative review as we would highly recommend it as the best value on the Island
Anne and Raphael

5 5 étoiles Literie 5 5 étoiles Cuisine et ustensiles
5 5 étoiles Propreté de la salle de bains 5 5 étoiles Autres équipements
Le plus apprécié: The garden
Le moins apprécié: nothing
Groupe d'amis
  • Le rapport qualité-prix était-il bon ?
  • La location était-elle équipée d'un accès Internet ?
  • Votre caution vous a-t-elle été restituée dans les délais prévus ?
TamisCana...
Victoria, Canada
Auteur chevronné
78 avis 78 avis
28 avis sur les hôtels
Avis dans 36 villes Avis dans 36 villes
63 votes utiles 63 votes utiles
“Don't be fooled - disgustingly dirty!"”
1 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 24 octobre 2011 Séjour en septembre 2011
Google Traduction

We stayed only one night due to the extremely dirty, unsanitary conditions of the property. We had rented the property for a week but left soon after we arrived, as the conditions in the bungalow were disgusting. This included clumps of old hair in the sink, moldy cupboards, a broken toilet, dirty fridge, floors, counters and loads of bugs due to the gaps in the door and the holes in the window screens. (We tried to keep them out by stuffing toilet paper in the gaps but it didn't work). The fridge was also moldy and sticky inside and out and had remnants of food left in it. The amenities listed are not factual. There is no hot water, no internet, no living room, no 'bedroom', no en suite, no stove (only a hot plate with one burner working, that we could tell). There are no usable dishes or cutlery, the pots and pans were corroded and rusty, there is no seating, and no safe. There is a TV but no service. We were subsequently told there was a locking cabinet but this didn't work either. The sheets on the bed were clean but the bed uncomfortable as the pillows were rock hard, however this may be personal preference. The directions we received were useless as piles of dirt, rocks, bricks and debris blocked the road. The only beach access was through a nearby hotel and we were informed on arrival that we were expected to purchase food and drinks to “pay for the privilege”.

WARNING - DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE REVIEW DATED OCTOBER 10

3 5 étoiles La réservation a-t-elle été facile ? 1 5 étoiles L'itinéraire donné était-il correct ?
1 5 étoiles La remise des clés/l'accès à la location ont-ils été faciles ? 1 5 étoiles État général de la location
2 5 étoiles Literie 1 5 étoiles Cuisine et ustensiles
1 5 étoiles Propreté de la salle de bains 1 5 étoiles Autres équipements
2 5 étoiles Service
Le moins apprécié: The unsanitary conditions
Compagnons de voyage : With Spouse/Partner
Recommanderiez-vous cet hôtel à un ami ?    No.
Réponse de la direction
27 oct. 2011
What can I say. The bungalow was cleaned the day before but some items were missed. I offered to rectify this but this lady had clearly decided she wanted to leave so I refunded her money. The other comments in this review are just not correct. I have had many guests at the bungalow over the last four years and nobody else has made comments like this. The other reviews, made only a few weeks earlier, reflect the true situation.
Cette réponse est l'opinion subjective du représentant de la direction et non de TripAdvisor LLC
Arrivée
Départ
Occupants
à partir de
USD 30
Nuit
Semaine
Faire une demande
logement avec protection des paiements
Gérant
John N
Parle Anglais, Français
Inscrite en : mai 2008
Taux de réponse: 70 %
Délai de réponse: en 24 heures
Calendrier mis à jour: il y a 53 jours
Certificat de Sécurité
Vous êtes automatiquement couvert pour toute location de vacances réservée sur TripAdvisor !
En savoir plus
Possédez-vous une location de vacances ? Inscrivez-la ici.
Les annonces sont gratuites !
Ajoutez votre location de vacances sur TripAdvisor et Holiday Lettings sans frais. Vous payez seulement 3 % de commission sur chaque réservation confirmée et payée.
Protégez votre vie privée
TripAdvisor communique vos coordonnées à vos locataires uniquement après que le premier paiement a été effectué.
Augmentez votre visibilité
Faites la promotion de votre logement auprès des voyageurs du monde entier qui recherchent activement une location dans votre secteur chaque mois.
Configurez votre annonce gratuite