If you don’t mind traffic noise and like to sea kayak, then this place is fine. But if you are sensitive to noise and like to swim from shore, then this is not a good choice for you.
1. Good location, close to town and with central access to the west, east and north shores.
2. Free use of sea kayaks. (The early morning paddling in the calm seas out to the reef is lovely.)
1. Right beside the highway, so traffic noise is very loud and constant, even in the back bedroom and lanai.
2. The empty lot on the west side is being used for beach access and parking by dog walkers and a few paddlers and surfers. One guy arrived in his truck each morning @ 5:30 a.m. and parked his truck basically right outside the bedroom window. Don’t expect to sleep in.
3. The water and sea bottom are muddy close to shore. Not good for shore swimming. You have to go further east before you hit sandy bottoms and clear water at the shore.
4. Watch your step... Plus