Nous avons remarqué que vous utilisez un navigateur non reconnu. Il se peut que les pages de TripAdvisor ne s'affichent pas correctement.Notre site est optimisé pour les navigateurs suivants:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chiangmai to siem reap

Laval, Canada
Auteur de niveau
103 posts
5 avis
chiangmai to siem reap

Hello,

i read a lot of informations about how to go to siem reap from chiang mai, we are confused bcause some of them are scary and contradictory, I don't know if going by train from chiangmai to bangkok than, train to the border and than tuk tuk and taxi is good , im scared from the scams at the border we are 2 , my daughter and i , can you please advice us for the best way. We were thinking to go to vietnam after but i found its very expensive so on our way back how can we make it from siem reap to malaysia?

sorry its a lot of questions but i really want to be sure before we venture to places we are not familiar, we want to make it as most safe as we can.

thanks a lot . and happy new year.

Paris, France
Auteur de niveau
73 posts
115 avis
1. Re: chiangmai to siem reap

hello,

i've just booked a flight from chiang mai to siem reap with air asia, it cost me 3450 bahts. It's very convenient because you land in siem reap, this way we don't lose too much time and it's not as exhausting as taking buses ! and from cambodia to malaysia check the flights on cleartrip.com

happy trails

Bruxelles, Belgique
Auteur de niveau
166 posts
204 avis
2. Re: chiangmai to siem reap

Hello,

If you decide to go first to Bangkok (by night train for exemple), you better get off the train before Hualamphong at Don Muang station. From there, take a meter taxi to Mo Chit bus station. There is a direct bus from Mochit to Siem Reap at 8 AM. There is a second bus at 9am, but not everyday. Price is 750baht per person.

You'll find informations in this post :

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297390-i9163-k644…

If you want to avoid scam at the border, just take your visa in advance. E-visa is easy. While they ask you about the visa just tell them that you'va it already.

It is also possible and cheaper to take a thai bus to de border (Aranyaprathet). Ask the driver to drop you near the border (at the market) From there you cross the market and than the border on foot. While in Cambodia, there is a free bus to the bus station. There you can take a bus or share a taxi to Siem Reap. In comparaison, the direct bus is not necessary quicker, because you have to cross the border on foot aswell and wait all the passagers from your bus.

This website sale advances ticket for the direct bus :

thaiticketmajor.com/bus/…

I did this twice from Mochit cheap way in dec 2013 and direct bus in nov 2014 so fell free to ask any further question.

Véro

Laval, Canada
Auteur de niveau
103 posts
5 avis
3. Re: chiangmai to siem reap

Thanks for replying I'll consider it but I found vero suggestion good too

Thanks for bring helpful

Ghada

Laval, Canada
Auteur de niveau
103 posts
5 avis
4. Re: chiangmai to siem reap

Thanks for being very helpful I'll take your suggestion will check for the bus and know all the details

Thanks again

5. Re: chiangmai to siem reap

-:- Message de l'équipe de TripAdvisor -:-

Cette discussion a été fermée en raison de son inactivité. Vous pouvez créer une nouvelle discussion ou poster un message dans une discussion existante.

Vous pouvez consulter nos règles d'utilisation des forums en cliquant sur ce lien : http://www.tripadvisor.fr/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Nous supprimons les messages qui ne respectent pas les règles d'utilisation et nous nous réservons le droit de supprimer tout message quelle qu'en soit la raison.

Supprimé le : 03 avril 2016, 11:16
Réponses aux questions fréquentes sur Chiang Mai