Nous avons remarqué que vous utilisez un navigateur non reconnu. Il se peut que les pages de TripAdvisor ne s'affichent pas correctement.
Notre site est optimisé pour les navigateurs suivants:

Vista Del Mondo:Country House, Spoleto - 7 miles

Spoleto
Logement à louer –
6 Chambres, 4 salles de bains, 12 couchages

Avis des voyageurs TripAdvisor

Contribuez à la communauté de voyageurs TripAdvisor et aidez les autres voyageurs à trouver la location de vacances parfaite
Écrivez un avis

Tampa
Auteur de niveau
15 avis
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 20 votes utiles
“Magical experience, beautiful wedding ceremony, incredible people”
5 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 30 mai 2013 Séjour en mai 2013

Greetings,

I would like to take a moment to share our story and perhaps pass on the knowledge we obtained from all the countless hours, days, months, etc in search of the perfect place to get married and how to go about it.

We decided to have a symbolic ceremony. Meaning, we would get legally married in the U.S via justice of peace, then have the actual ceremony in Italy for 'symbolic purposes'. Sounds nice, right? Well, in some areas of Italy, or some hotels/resorts/villas, they are not cool with hosting a 'symbolic ceremony'. I came across this very rarely, but it happens.

How to pick a location? Honestly, this is where budget and style come into play. Do you want to stay in a hotel with your guests? Rent apartments? Resort? Villa? We decided to rent a whole villa so that all our friends and family can be in one central location and make it kind of a bonding experience, but to each their own. Italy is very big. So much history and food and wine and differences amongst each region. Where does one even start? For us, we wanted to pick a location that was less 'touristy', really get that full on Italian experience. Plus, we knew that some regions that offered villas would be more expensive than others (i.e Tuscany). After all the movies and shows about Tuscany, that's the place everyone wants to see. So, I ended up going on tripadvisor and searched for villas that fit our price range and number of rooms in each region of Italy. I emailed countless villa owners and asked them questions such as the following:

-would you give us a group discount if we rent the whole villa?

-does one need a car?

-how does the electricity work? Internet access?

-washer/drier?

-would we be able to have a small wedding ceremony in the back of the Villa?

-could you help me organize the 'priest, music, flowers, cake, food, chairs, tables, etc'?

-are you going to charge me extra for any of this?

And of course, there are the other detailed questions that one asks prior to renting a Villa in a place that you're unfamiliar with but I'll save you those details.:)

After all the responses, constant calls, question exchanges, reviews and research, I narrowed it down to the Umbria region. This region is not as touristy and offers incredible experiences in the different locations within Umbria.

Finally, we decided to go with a specific villa. There are honestly many options one can choose from so I'm not implying you should just pick this. However, I will say, I am so very thankful I chose a particular Villa in Spoleto and I'm very thankful for working with such incredible property owners.

umbriaholidayrentals.com/location/mountains/…

Laurie and Norma, from the very beginning they were extremely helpful. They're both originally from the UK I believe, so they speak fluent English and Italian. They are friends with many of the locals in Spoleto. Once the place is booked, Norma will email you a bunch of helpful files to get one familiar with the villa, area, etc. Once you're in Spoleto, the villa is incredible. Very rustic, quiet, tucked away in the mountains that can only be accessible by car. You can either hire a private limo driver or rent a car at Avis in the downtown area. The villa is located about 7 miles away from downtown. Laurie and Norma hand you a few printed out documents about things to do, etc. There is another villa very close by managed by the same people and slightly further down, a couple of beautiful friendly horses the kids can pet. I can go on and on about the villa but in summary it's location was THE PERFECT SPOT for our quaint little wedding ceremony. Laurie and Norma helped arrange everything. Father Nicolae performed the beautiful ceremony and wedding planner/translator Ioana (aka Jo) helped translate, then guided the party on foot through the downtown like movie stars, stopping at certain hot spots for photography purposes (used Brentwood photography : https://www.facebook.com/BrentwoodPhotography?fref=ts). We then ended the night with an incredible homemade Italian dinner followed by a surprise wedding cake at Daniela's garden.

Laurie and Norma worked with us months and months beforehand to plan out the perfect itinerary. My mother-in-law and I had our hair and make up done at Isalo (downtown) and ordered/ picked up my bouquet and boutineers at vaLori Fioristi (ask for Roberio). Unreal prices for beautiful work.

We are the first Americans to do a wedding ceremony like this...and the town loved it. Jo is very enthusiastic to use her planning skills (and english :)) for any couples interested in having a personalized, special ceremony in Spoleto. She will even help any couples complete the requirements to get legally married in Italy.

Other points: I brought my wedding dress in a carry on luggage with my shoes and jewelry. It really wasn't that bad and could hardly see any wrinkles.

If you have any questions at all about either the process of getting married in Italy, traveling to Italy, the area of Spoleto, the Villa, or anything at all I'd be happy to answer them. We had the most amazing experience and there aren't enough words to express the gratitude we owe our warm and beautiful friends in Spoleto. Ciao.

5 5 étoiles La réservation a-t-elle été facile ? 5 5 étoiles L'itinéraire donné était-il correct ?
5 5 étoiles La remise des clés/l'accès à la location ont-ils été faciles ? 5 5 étoiles État général de la location
5 5 étoiles Literie 5 5 étoiles Cuisine et ustensiles
5 5 étoiles Propreté de la salle de bains 5 5 étoiles Autres services
5 5 étoiles Service
Le plus apprécié: Everything
Le moins apprécié: had to use the internet in the other villa
Compagnons de voyage : Large Group
Recommanderiez-vous cet hôtel à un ami ?    Oui.
Groupe d'amis Voyageurs seniors
Familles avec jeunes enfants Pour les groupes
Personnes avec des animaux de compagnie
  • La location était-elle conforme à l'annonce ?
  • Recommanderiez-vous cette location ?
  • Le rapport qualité-prix était-il bon ?
  • La location était-elle équipée d'un accès Internet ?
Cet avis vous a-t-il été utile ? Oui
Cet avis est l'opinion subjective d'un membre de TripAdvisor et non de TripAdvisor LLC.
london
5 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 9 juin 2011 Séjour en avril 2011
5 5 étoiles Rapport qualité / prix 5 5 étoiles Chambres
5 5 étoiles Emplacement 5 5 étoiles Propreté
Compagnons de voyage : Family with young children
Cet avis vous a-t-il été utile ? Oui
Cet avis est l'opinion subjective d'un voyageur et non de TripAdvisor LLC ou de ses partenaires.
Düren Germany
4 5 étoiles Avis écrit le 1 octobre 2010 Séjour en juin 2010
5 5 étoiles Rapport qualité / prix 4 5 étoiles Chambres
4 5 étoiles Emplacement 4 5 étoiles Propreté
5 5 étoiles Réception 4 5 étoiles Service
Le plus apprécié: The location and the space.
Le moins apprécié: The lack of screens on windows.
Compagnons de voyage : Family (extended)
Votre tranche d'âge 65+
Jeunes célibataires Groupe d'amis
Voyageurs seniors Familles avec jeunes enfants
Familles avec adolescents Touristes
Nuit
Semaine
Mois
Envoyer la demande
Sinon, envoyez un message au propriétaire
Envoyer un message
logement avec protection des paiements
Gérant
Umbria Holiday Rentals
Parle Anglais
Inscription : déc. 2009
Protection des paiements
Vous êtes automatiquement couvert pour toute location de vacances réservée sur TripAdvisor !
En savoir plus
Possédez-vous une location de vacances ? Inscrivez-la ici.
Les annonces sont gratuites !
Ajoutez votre location de vacances sur TripAdvisor et Holiday Lettings sans frais. Vous payez seulement 3 % de commission sur chaque réservation confirmée et payée.
Protégez votre vie privée
TripAdvisor communique vos coordonnées à vos locataires uniquement après que le premier paiement a été effectué.
Augmentez votre visibilité
Faites la promotion de votre logement auprès des voyageurs du monde entier qui recherchent activement une location dans votre secteur chaque mois.
Configurez votre annonce gratuite