I have just returned from a weeks stay at Villa Florguida. I visited with my husband and our 2 daughters, aged 8 & 14.
I always try to leave an honest review so will do that here.
I have given 5 stars based on getting good value for the price as it’s hard to get a private pool at this price anywhere near albufeira.
The villa is in a small cul de sac down the side of the 3 Maria’s bar. You could probably manage Wihout a car but I would recommend one as it’s a bit of a sander to shops. We used drive 4 fun and rented a car. We also got taxis (used Uber) at night. Taxis are more expensive when it’s busier so ranged from €7-€16 each way to old town and between €5-€10 to new town.
Olhos seemed a nice town but we didn’t go there much (cafe creme did do a nice ice cream)
- the villa was very clean
- the owner is very friendly and was available if we needed anything during our stay
- the pool is amazing- nice and big for a private pool , ranging from 0.9m-2m deep ( was cleaned once a week to)
- outside space was great, plenty of room for lounging around the pool, a lovely we outdoor area to sit and eat in the shade
- barbecue was a good addition
- rooftop had space and although no furniture we got some nice pictures from up there
- washing line
- parking was great, very secure drive with gates (although a little awkward to reverse into we managed in an estate car though)
- sun loungers - there were 6, all with cushions (so you didn’t have to lie on the hard plastic ones)
- 2 sun umbrellas
- towels were replaced mid week by the owners Mum who lives next door but she enters her house from another road so we never saw her
- amenities included washing machine, microwave,dishwasher, iron, hair dryer, fridge freezer, TV (that had a USB port so we brought the Chromecast for Netflix)
- coffee machines (Dulce gusto and a filter one)
- WiFi was the best we have had in Portugal
- air con - was brill and is in each room (although no batteries in the remote for living room and I kept forgetting to buy some but wasn’t an issue)
- private - the best thing for us having a self conscious teenage girl was how private the villa was, not overlooked but felt safe as still could hear neighbours (and the odd dog bark)
- welcome pack was nice touch - contained bread, water, wine and teabags
As I said at the start of the review, we believe we got good value for money getting the outdoor space with pool but I also want to be honest so have included the below points to leave an honest review. I believe if the below items were addressed the villa may be more costly to rent though.
- the beds are very hard to lie on and could do with upgrading as our backs were sore by the end of the week (1 pillow each)
- the inside of the house could do with the furniture being updated as it’s old
-we kept running out of hot water in the shower which is above a bath with a shower curtain. However the owner did say she would turn the hot water up and mentioned it had never been an issue before so I said not to worry too much at all.
- some of the other owners apartments/ villas we have stayed in had more basic items left by previous renters. ( also no oven gloves here). I assume the owner clears everything out each time (as the place was spotless) which is fine but a suggestion may be to leave some stuff renters leave ie we left stuff we bought such as packs of toilet roll, kitchen roll, dishwasher tablets, washing powder, dishcloths and washing up liquid, tinfoil , red sauce, salt , coffee pods.
As noted above, there are a lot more positives than negatives to this place and I would highly recommend it if you are looking a good value, clean , private villa that is not too far from Albufeira.
We had a fantastic week!