We recently stayed at Villa "Sardinella" in Triq il Pont, Mellieha, Malta. When we arrived at 4.15pm (with check in meant to be at 4pm) the cleaner was still at the Villa "Cleaning" and was still there for a further 30 minutes!
The Villa was dirty and had a strong odour and looked like it hadn't been cleaned properly for a long time!
The pool ladder was loose and dangerous with cracked tiles around it, the outside light switch was hanging off the wall. There were cracked plug sockets, the coffee machine electrical cord was fixed with tape and was melted?!? on the side. The showers were all dirty, as were all the toilets and I'm not even going to mention the toilet brushes, absolutely disgusting!! There was numerous cigarette butts on the steps leading down to the pool and out front of the Villa. All the plates, cutlery etc were dirty. The welcome pack was a complete rip off. We found a Toe Nail on the settee. The cushions on the sun loungers were filthy.
None of the bedding had protectors on it, on a couple of the quilts we found dried blood and on the pillows also.The area to the right of the pool (that is out of bounds to guests) but can be clearly from the balcony is in a shocking state with broken tiles, beer cans, more cigarette butts and general mess.
We Contacted the firm that we had rented the villa from straight away when we arrived on the Sunday, on the Monday the owner and the cleaner came and cleaned the villa for four hours whilst another man fixed the pool ladder and outside light. The villa should have never been allowed to get in such a state.
The Villa was not Luxury at all, and needs a complete overhaul. The owner blamed the previous guests for how dirty the Villa was but that amount of dirt does not build up in a couple of weeks. The owner should be ashamed at renting out the Villa in such a state and it really isn't a very good advert for anyone coming to stay in Malta for the first time. The owner needs to spend more time checking the Villa and not just worry about how much revenue they are getting. It ruined what should have been a very enjoyable Family Holiday.