Had a wonderful stay with Monique at her lovely Gite. Monique is friendly and helpful. The property is newly renovated, well equipped and tastefully furnished and surrounded by gorgeous countryside.
Great Location: Close <5min drive to Eygalieres, also a doable 20 minute walk. It is too hot to walk in the summer, dark to walk at night as there are no sidewalks or street lamps but it would likely be quite pleasant in the day time during the Spring/Autumn. Eygalieres has some lovely restaurants and a great market on Fridays. The property is also a close 10 minute drive to the nearest town, St. Remy with a great market on Wednesdays that take up the whole town and an attraction that people visit from miles around. There is also a good size supermarket in St.Remy for supplies. We preferred the restaurants in Eygalieres than St. Remys.
Nice touches: Monique was lovely. She gave us some beautiful tomatoes from her garden and olive oil made on her property. She gave us a hot plate to cook food outdoors, and water and beer in the fridge. She came to check on us a couple times to make sure we had everything in need. It was too hot for us to enjoy the outdoors, but it is a lovely space and a good place to enjoy a few meals.
- Brush up on some French words before you come, it will help you communicate with Monique.
- There is no air conditioning but Monique does provide a fan.
- Make sure you familiarise yourself with the map on tripadvisor to find the Gite, as the roads are not clearly signed and the road address is vague and GPS is not reliable in this area.
- WIFI is a little slow for doing work, but okay for normal browsing.
- Stairs are narrow and not suitable for people with accessibility issues but okay for most people